Friday, August 6, 2010

On my own

Today was my first day in Boston all by myself.  I do miss my dad and brother, but it was a nice slow paced day.  As I was walking the streets of Harvard Square today, I realized this is the first time I have truly ventured out on my own.  My move to Hattiesburg was semi by myself; however, I knew that 2 of my roomies were Auburn fans, so it was just an extension of my Auburn family.  So far, I am enjoying the new life up here, and I hope to keep experiencing new things.

As I said, today was a slow paced day.  I slept in until 10:00 and then took my time getting ready.  I ventured into Harvard Square to do some exploring.  There are soooooooo many neat little stores in the area.  I would describe it as a downtown Auburn on steroids (for those of you familiar with Auburn).  It's a good thing I will be busy with work most of the time, because shopping is fabulous here!  I went in a used record store, a used book store, a cool shoe store(which had Uggs for 20% off but I resisted), Urban Outfitters(my all time fav), and a few other stores along the way.  I ended up getting a new shirt for work on Monday and a few souvenirs to send to a few people.  The weather was awesome, not too hot and a nice breeze with very little humidity.  Then I headed back home, and had a lazy afternoon/evening.  The breeze coming in through the windows was so nice that I curled up on the couch with a book.  Ahhh, it is been such a relaxing day after a few weeks of craziness!

As promised, I charged my camera and took a few pics of the house.  Hope you enjoy them:
Welcome to 1 Rena Street!  My room is the top widow.
Living room
Dining room
Kitchen
This is the bathroom that is shared by all!
This is a view of the steep stairs from the top that lead to my room
My room
Other side of my room
My savior, the window fan
If you recall the story about my dad and the neighbor, this is the door he walked in!
Well that is about it for my day today.  I am going to continue enjoying the weather and my book!  Story for the day:  I think I am beginning to appear to be a native Bostonian, because I was asked 3, yes 3, times for directions today!  And. . . . I was actually able to tell the people where to go!!  Once they heard me talk I am sure they realized I was not from here, but I felt special anyway just being asked!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment