Friday, September 10, 2010

Bump, Set, Spike!

Sorry for not updating sooner, but life has been crazy for the past couple of days.  Work has definitely started picking up.  This past weekend was a dive into the world of event management.

Friday (9/3) was the beginning of a long (but enjoyable) weekend for me.  We had a women's volleyball tournament starting on Friday and ending Saturday night.  I watched a total of 8 volleyball matches, and I feel I am now an expert on the sport.  My basic responsibilities for the tournament were set up and break down, hiring a staff, working with the refs on any needs they had, and anything else that popped up along the way.  It was a long weekend, with a lot of girls who made me feel quite short.  The hardest part of the weekend was the temperature in Friday in the gym.  The volleyball courts are on the fourth floor of one of the athletic facilities, and there is no air conditioning.  The building was recently painted, and the windows were painted shut.  Let's just say I began to sweat just sitting in a chair.  The heat index in the gym got up to 97 degrees on Friday.  Luckily Saturday was a lot cooler (and I got to leave the gym for a little while due to a Field Hockey game).  Overall the tournament was a success!

As I said, there was also a Field Hockey game on Saturday, and one on Monday.  These ran very smoothly, thanks to our awesome workers from the Ice Hockey team.  Harvard won both games, and the events were a success.

Then Tuesday was my day of rest!!  I had the day off, and besides visiting the grocery store, I stayed on the couch with a book.  It was amazing!  I did make a purchase at the grocery store that made me feel like I really live in a city now.  I bought a small grocery buggy to take to and from the store with me since I have to walk there.  It kinda makes me feel like a homeless person, b/c just being honest I see them with these all the time.  But I do believe it will be a wonderful thing to have!  It helped me with my groceries on the way home, so I am already enjoying it.

Then it was back to work on Wednesday, and this week has been rather relaxing after the craziness of last week.  We only have a football scrimmage, which is today.  Our staff isn't doing a lot with this event, so I will have a nice relaxing weekend.  My roommate Alison has some friends coming into town, so we will be hanging out with them this weekend.  Should be fun!

On a side note, I am currently dealing with a stressful situation where I live.  So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  Hoping everything works out for the best!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't handle the no AC part! It sounds like a lot of fun though! I'll be praying for you!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please, please, pretty please get someone to take a picture of you and your buggy!!!

    ReplyDelete